FIVE years! Can you believe it? We’re so excited to kick off our Fifth Annual PR 180° Project. We’re giving two organizations six months of free PR (which is about 180 days), and they’re sure to make a 180-degree turn in terms of their PR successes because of our counsel and assistance. Although Obsidian historically takes on two not-for-profit organizations every year for pro bono PR services, the PR 180°Project is different in that we look to the people of the Mid-South to help us determine which not-for-profits we work with in 2016.
Through a self-nominating process, organizations will enter a three-day voting period via Obsidian’s Facebook page and Instagram account (@obsidianpublicrelations). A two-day run-off among the top five organizations will follow. The two organizations with the highest number of votes will receive six months of PR service from Obsidian in 2016 (January to June or July to December 2016).
How can I nominate my not-for-profit organization?
It’s simple! Just read the official rules for entry below and submit your nomination between Nov. 30 and Dec. 4, 2015.
- Must be a 501(c)(3) (non-government) not-for-profit agency
- Must be located in the Mid-South
- Cannot be a current or former Obsidian client
- Agency must be nominated by someone in a leadership position within that agency.
- The organization must not conflict in mission/service with an existing Obsidian client. (See client roster here.)
- Must submit official nomination via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominations must not exceed 500 words and must include:
- Contact information, including address, phone, website and email address
- Outline of key organizational details, including mission, year founded, audiences served, successes, etc.
- An explanation of why your organization needs Obsidian’s support and when you could use our support most (January to June or July to December 2016)
Once the nominations process ends, when can supporters start voting for their favorite cause?
The initial voting period will take place Dec. 7 to 9. The public can vote by “liking” the logo of an organization in the PR 180° Project album on Obsidian’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ObsidianPR or Instagram account (@obsidianpublicrelations). Once the top five organizations are determined, a run-off vote will take place Dec. 10 and 11, with winners being announced Monday, Dec. 14 at 9 a.m.
What if I have questions?
Contact Crissy Lintner at email@example.com or 901-572-1042.