Top 10 Secret Facts about Obsidianites
When you work with a group of people for a while, you get to know them pretty well. You hear about their spouses or significant others, children, pets, relatives and friends, but what about the personal quirky facts? How long does it take for those to surface?
I think those trivia topics are the most intriguing. So, for my Top 10 list for 10 Years of Obsidian, I chose to share a secret fact about each of my co-workers that reveals a little more about the fun, awesome team I get to work with every day.
- To be fair, I’ll start the story sharing with a fact of my own. In my senior year of high school, I was named to the 2008 NSCAA High School Scholar All America team where I got to travel to Baltimore, Maryland, to be recognized with girls and guys from across the United States. As part of the honor, I got to meet soccer greats Kristine Lilly and Claudio Reyna.
- Murray Lace, an account assistant at our firm, once coordinated the transportation of a hyena. No joke. #ShenziBanzaiorEd
View post on imgur.com
- Courtney Ellett, principal at Obsidian, has an uncanny knack for winning at call-in radio contests. Her winning call-in career began at age 10 when she scored Kool & the Gang tickets, and it has grown over the years to include car wash certificates, dinners, holiday gift packages and even John Mayer concert tickets! #winning
- Sarah Sherlock, another account assistant, is Obsidian’s pageant queen as she was previously awarded titles like Miss Friendly City, Miss Liberty, Miss Freedom and took home multiple honors at the National American Miss Teen Texas competition. #MissCongeniality
- Sarah Lichterman, account executive, is a one-man band – or a one-lady band, rather. She has experience playing the piano, guitar, trumpet and bass clarinet. #skillz
- If our director of client services Kerri Guyton was only given one last meal to eat, she would choose Totino’s pizza as one of her menu items.
- We all have our personal obsessions, and for Crissy Linter, director of client services, that is pickles. Yes, pickles. At any given time, she has at least five jars in her refrigerator. Also, she has been known to receive them as gifts for special occasions, as well as pickle paraphernalia like ornaments and stuffed toys when she was a kid. #IGotAPickle
- Kelli Eason Brignac, account manager, is a Bachelor/Bachelorette buff, watching the show weekly on what she and her friends deem “Winesday.” They bring the competition to the living room, too, with predetermined brackets. This season, she chose Lauren B., Amanda, Olivia and Becca, as a wild card. So, she’s heading into the top four with two picks still alive.
- See any similarities?
Maybe not, but a fun fact about Lauren Hannaford, senior account manager and culture ambassador, is that she is related to a former president of Honduras through a relative’s marriage.
- OK, one last one about me to round out the Top 10! When I was little, my dream job was to be a paleontologist because I loved dinosaurs. While I still think that would be an incredible job, I couldn’t be happier to have found public relations as a career, and be able to work with the awesome team here! #DinosaursVsDeadlines