Thankfully, the world of digital media is evolving and making the user experience more fun and accessible. If you’re a news hound and need to stay on top of what’s going on around the world throughout the day, there are some new and efficient digital news platforms (as well as a couple of old tricks) I’d like to tell you about.
- Snapchat Discover – I know, I know; it’s Snapchat. But come on! Isn’t it a fun way to get the news?
- The Skimm – This is adaily e-newsletter that you need to sign up for right this second. It packs humor into a breakdown of important world news.
- Flipboard – Branded as “your personal magazine,” the Flipboard app allows you to flip through news articles by category. You can select topics and people to follow.
- NPR Hourly News Podcast – You can sit back, close your eyes and listen to five-minute news clips every hour right from your computer or smart phone.
- Facebook Interests and Twitter Lists – These are oldies but goodies. Create an interest list on Facebook and add your favorite news pages or create a list on Twitter and add your favorite news Twitter handles. Now you don’t have to scroll through posts about what kind of muffin Becky is eating just to find the news!
Don’t get me wrong, I still love picking up the newspaper and flipping through magazines, but if you’re pressed for time and need some on-the-go options, these should do the trick.