Senior Account Position
Obsidian Public Relations is seeking a qualified applicant with four to six years of public relations experience, preferably with agency experience but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and accounts in a fast-paced work environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience in strategic communication planning and execution
- Excellent writing skills (including proficiency in AP Style)
- Must be flexible, organized, detail- and deadline-oriented and able to work independently
- Experience in traditional and digital media relations
- Knowledge of and experience in creating/executing social media campaigns, integrated marketing campaigns, blogs and other online campaigns
- Experience managing client vendor relationships (i.e. graphic designers, web designers, consultants, etc.)
- Ability to work with clients in a variety of industries (B2B, B2C, nonprofit, large corporate entities, hospitality, arts and entertainment, etc.)
- Ability to manage a team of junior account partners across multiple accounts, as well as interns
Experience with the following programs preferred but not required:
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Google Drive
- Cision (Vocus)
- WordPress (and other website content management systems)
Primary Functions: Lead PR strategy and tactical direction for multiple assigned accounts and manage junior team members assigned to partner accounts.
Secondary Functions: Support the growth and development of Obsidian Public Relations through engagement and participation in ongoing assignments, team-building activities and the overall positive culture of the firm.
Reports to: Director of Client Services
Responsibilities: Account Management
- Manage all client communication on assigned accounts, including regular contact with key leaders and/or assigned representatives to stay informed on PR/communication needs and opportunities.
- Develop and execute key PR strategies and tactics to ensure progress toward client communication goals and objectives.
- Monitor ongoing news and trends in industries for all assigned clients.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key reporters related to assigned client industries/business.
- Initiate and facilitate media relations efforts on behalf of assigned clients to garner positive media coverage.
- Provide ongoing strategic PR and communication counsel, as needed.
- Assist with planning and execution of client events and attend, as needed.
- Coordinate production of communication and branding materials, as needed.
- Assist with planning and placement of client advertising, as needed.
Responsibilities: Junior Team Management
- Assign and supervise tactical efforts by account assistants and specialists assigned to partner accounts.
- Maintain ongoing communication with account assistants and specialists to monitor progress of tactical efforts and provide feedback to ensure proper direction for the client.
- Provide professional guidance and counsel, as needed, to assist with professional development.
Responsibilities: Obsidian Engagement and Participation
- Participate in both email and in-person team brainstorms, providing ideas, suggestions and feedback for clients assigned to other team members.
- Support Obsidian’s social media efforts through ongoing contribution of From the Rock blog posts and Piece of the Rock tweets.
- Engage in team culture through participation (and planning, as needed) in team events, such as potluck and birthday lunches, professional development, Off the Rock charitable time and Obsidian Fun Team events.
Typical Day-to-Day Activities: lots of writing, research, strategic communications planning, social media strategy and content development, media monitoring, media relations, media and ambassador training, crisis/issue management, event planning, community relations advisement, etc.